Masonic Boom

"Crazy" "Oversensitive" "Feminazi" "Bitch" bloggin' bout pop music, linguistics and mental health issues

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Angel vs. Devil: FITE!!!

OK, so my kiX0r-ass SisX0r Dare is in town from tonight. We're not actually related - we were born on the same day and found ourselves stranded in the same smalltown in our teenage years, taking drugs, forming bands and dreaming of escape. I've known her for nearly 20 years, but every time we're together it's like we're 17 again.

So here's the dilemma (and non-apologies to those of you who don't see this as a dilemma):

She's in town working for Teh St00g3s, who are playing ATP's Nightmare Before Xmas this weekend. "Come on down," she insists. "You can ride on the tourbus and stay at our hotel." So surely this is a dream come true - go down to the coolest festival in rock, hanging around with my teenage idols with my teenage best friend. What's the problem? It's like a dream come true!

So what's the problem? I'd have to skip a day, maybe two, off work. A week of no sleep, no rest, heavy drinking, on top of building PMT... right when I desperately need some time off. I haven't had a proper day off in weeks, with the band, and gigs and stuff. I *need* to stay home and rest, and this is the last chance I have to clean the flat before my mum comes the next weekend. (Yeah, I know she said she didn't care, but *I* care.) Plus all those other things I won't get the chance to do at the weekend - the weekly shop, the laundry, make the weekly lunch curry...

Yeah, I know. What am I complaining about? I'm even *thinking* about not going to hang out with my teenage best friend - not to mention the coolest rock stars on the planet - for a free weekend of luxury, fun and amazing music? To stay home and TIDY MY FLAT?!?!? Am I crazy?

It's like I've got an angel on one shoulder telling me to go for it, it'll be the most fun EVAH!!! and a devil on the other shoulder to tell me to be a grown-up and remember my mortgage.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Farrell said...

I tend to think, with things like this, that once you've decided which is the devil and which the angel (particularly if you've put them on the 'wrong' shoulders like here), you've pretty much made the decision

1:00 pm  
Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said...

December is deficit spending/living month. You can catch up on seriousity in January. Even if that means hiring a cleaner to do your apartment.

2:31 pm  
Blogger Masonic Boom said...

I've just told my boss and asked for Friday off.

2:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What everyone else said above

9:31 pm  
Blogger ian said...

I never have dilemmas this exciting.

11:53 pm  
Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Well, it doesn't matter anyway, as I can't go. Turns out they are leaving today (Thursday) at noon and not coming back until Monday.

No way I can get that amount of time off work.

Besides, I'm fucking done with rock and roll. Not my idea of a good time any more.

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home