Masonic Boom

"Crazy" "Oversensitive" "Feminazi" "Bitch" bloggin' bout pop music, linguistics and mental health issues

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Back From The Dead

While I am waiting for my old, dead Mac laptop to be magically brought back to life... (the sys admin at my job volunteered to "take a look at it" before I dragged it off to an expensive data recovery expert - and has now not just recovered the data, but is reinstalling the operating system to get it going again)

Here are some interesting articles I found in various places around the web. The Male Privilege Checklist which I've been looking for, for ages, and all the links were dead.

And another take on it from another angle which sparked my interest.

Following link led to link as I read and surfed (oh, I had forgotten how interesting the blogosphere could actually be once you venture outside the realm of young whiteboys shouting at volume about how interesting and amazing their musical taste is)

And this is just something I wanted to link to, which is a rebuttal to that endlessly repeated chestnut about feminists being sexist and "hypocritical" (oh boy, how many times have I heard that one?) Yes, it's on the f-word, of course.

Oh, if only I had a penny for every person (male or female) who has ever made some negative comment about feminism, or prefaced a comment with "I'm not a feminist..." (usually before trotting out some utter o_O WTF? where did you get the idea that feminists think that? meme as reason for their "not being a feminist")

I have but one question for anyone who ever says "I'm not a feminist, but..." Do you believe that men and women should be paid the same, for equal work? If your answer to that question is "Yes" then sorry, honey, you are a feminist.

Errr... across the room, I can see my old laptop ticking away. It's so weird to see that screen lighted up blue again and not the terrible grey screen of death. It's kind of exciting. Very exciting, actually. I was looking at Shimura Curves masters for the first time since October 2007 a few minutes ago. (Looking, not hearing, obviously, as I don't have Cubase here at work, but still.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home