Masonic Boom

"Crazy" "Oversensitive" "Feminazi" "Bitch" bloggin' bout pop music, linguistics and mental health issues

Monday, August 14, 2006

Baby Silvertooth

ILX is still down. I'm bored out of my mind, and it's been pissing down with rain for days now. So here is a totally gratuitous picture of TSM to cheer me up:



I had a brilliant weekend. The problem with having a good weekend is when it's all over, and you have to come back down to earth and go back to work and the endless insufferable boredom.

Friday night I went out with The Texan, visiting her down in New Cross, which is much nicer than I remember it being. (Or perhaps it's just the adorableness of the foetal art students.) Despite arriving at entirely wrong train station, we ate at Paul McCartney's favourite chippie (apparently) and managed to get unfeasibly drunk before heading off to see Luxembourg. There was much collapsing in drunken giggles, trying to convince Alux that he should wear a prog rock cape onstage, etc. ("No, I'm minimalist!" insists the man who was wearing a funfur coat and vinyl trousers when I first met him), gossip about A Town Called Dallas, and leaping about dancing to amazing 80s music (Magazine, Adam Ant, Prince) written before the Foetal DJ was even born... (how to feel old)

The Texan and her boyfriend are just, like, the sweetest couple in the world. Being perpetually terminally single, I tend to be a bit of a misanthrope around People In Relationships, but they're really one of those couples that make me feel like there is hope for the world, especially since I know what kind of relationship crap C has been through in the past.

It wasn't even hard to get home, oh the joys of South London nightbusses. Look forward to doing it again frequently.

Woken in haze of hangover by TISSP! wanting to know where was a good place to have a picnic in the rain. Actually, I didn't have the faintest clue. I suggested picnicking in the Tate Modern Turbine Hall, but I was too hungover to meet them, so they went to Hyde Park instead.

I took them to see Marfa Mystery Lights: A Concert For The UFOs (yes, I saw it again. I had to. I am such an obsessive geek. But it really *was* better the second time around, when I was able to stop wondering if something was going to happen, or try to concentrate on catching the subtitles, and I was able to just sit back and enjoy it and let the music wash over me.) and then immediately TISSP! wanted to go and lick windows up and down Denmark Street, looking for pedals. I think I've made a convert to TSM, as he'd never actually heard them before, but found them right up his (spacerock) alley. I found the Prunes And Custard (as reccomended by both Pashmina and Baby Silvertooth) but it was £165, so it stayed in the shop:



TISSP!'s girlfriend just gave up on us, and went off to Foyle's while we terrorised guitar shop staff. We found her about two hours later, in the dread Mathematics section on the First Floor, which has claimed so much of my money recently. We chatted a bit about Feynman and Penrose, and again, there was that lovely feeling, watching her and TISSP! together, like "awww, what a lovely couple."

(But then again, about a day later, that triggers the reaction of "But where's MINE?!?!?" Sigh.)

Had my mum on the phone Sunday afternoon, in a bit of the mizzies herself, bitching about how The Church has just used her for nearly ten years of free labour, but won't give her the actual qualificiations to get a real, paying job. It seems so unfair.

I was going to install Reason 3 (thanks, G00blar), but instead I got caught up watching the rain (lovely rain, heavy August cloudburst rain, with hail) and writing about Baby Silvertooth for no apparent reason. This must stop.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paranoid I know, BUT I've got this suspicion that there's a rival ilx board up and running somewhere and I haven't been invited.

1:47 pm  
Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Whoops! Right now, there's only:

http://www.last.fm/group/UK%2BWatercooler/forum/37335/_/147744

2:03 pm  
Blogger AMP said...

any chance of an 'evaluation copy' of reason 3 for mine own new computer?

2:12 pm  
Blogger Masonic Boom said...

Mmmmmmaybe...

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home