Masonic Boom

"Crazy" "Oversensitive" "Feminazi" "Bitch" bloggin' bout pop music, linguistics and mental health issues

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Lamest Thing I've Ever Done

OK, I actually went to Rough Trade to buy our single. Heart pounding with anticipation, I leafed through the singles (found a couple of Secret Machines rarities, which I bought as a cover) but couldn't find it. Oh no! Do I have the wrong day? Is it yet ANOTHER record company f*ck-up?

No, there it is, behind the counter. Shuffle over. Hand over my singles, then have to ask "And that one, too..." head down, trying very hard not to be recognised as there's a big picture of my head on the cover and it's the lamest thing ever to buy your own single.

I have it! It's mine! It's an object, an artefact! Does the joy of holding it in mine own hot little hands outweight all the annoyance and crap we went through putting it out? To be honest, I don't even see the stupid logo. I just see the excitement (drunkenness?) on our faces.

And I get back to the office to find a message in my inbox from Benjamin, saying he reckons Noyfriend "is more Sadier/Gaines than Dinger/Rother. that's not a bad thing, though." Yes, another "sounds like Stereolab". I think I want "Sounds like Stereolab" carved on my tombstone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said...

I would have bought three or something by now. But I have no shame.

4:34 pm  
Blogger Anna said...

I'll let you know how Being A Lamer In Sister Ray matches up to Being A Lamer In Rough Trade.

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home