Masonic Boom

"Crazy" "Oversensitive" "Feminazi" "Bitch" bloggin' bout pop music, linguistics and mental health issues

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Vorsprung Durch Technik

I was in the midst of writing out a whiney emo post about how Sad And Lonely I am, and how it feels like everyone around me wants me to die, and how no one ever emails or calls just to ask how I am, they just want to yell at me about whatever they think I've written on my blog, when honestly, I don't have anywhere else or anyone else to talk to about stuff, when I was interrupted by some efficient young banker who wanted to give me one of these:



...and talk to me about my international banking needs. And is going to give a free iPod Nano in exchange for signing up for a transAtlantic UK/US bank account whereby my mum and I can transfer money to one another free of charge, and I can deposit cheques and cash in either currency. And get a credit card and an overdraft, neither of which I've ever had in my life!

Sometimes it really takes that little to make you happy. A USB Coffeeport Hub. The most useful useless gadget ever. What utter genius actually made this happen, when Spacemen Z and I have been joking about it for years? No more endless cups of tea going cold while I work on my symphonies. And no more having to unplug the MIDI Keyboard to plug in a data stick - or the free iPod I'm getting with the account!

OK, I'm still sad and lonely and it feels like those around want me to die, but at least my mochaccino is warm. I think I'll celebrate with a cookie:



(Thanks, Mel.)